- Polarized sunglasses: The superb way to reduce the reflecting glare
- Why there is a need to schedule the chimney inspection services?
- The various benefits of quartz countertops
- Why you need to hire emergency dentist? What is the role of top cosmetic dentists?
- Outdoor Fireplace Contractor – The Latest Trends You Should Know
The elbow joint is subject to extensive use during routine activities. Because it often has to endure overuse, there are so many things that can go wrong with the elbow. The orthopedic surgeons have developed several procedures to deal with the elbow joint problems. Elbow surgery is one of them. Elbow surgeries can provide a long-lasting solution to elbow issues.
About Elbow Surgery
Elbow surgery procedure can be understood same as getting damaged parts taken out and fresh parts fitted in their place. In elbow surgery, the damaged section of the elbow bone is removed, and replaced with elbow implants. Here is what you can expect on a typical day of elbow surgery:
- A small tube is inserted into your arm. This tube monitors antibiotics and medication during your surgery.
- You are taken to the operation theater and given anesthesia.
- Your elbow is sterilized with a special solution.
- The elbow surgery will likely take between 1 to 3 hours and starts with an incision over elbow to make joint visible.
- Bones are fully exposed to the orthopedic surgeon, and special instruments are used to remove the damaged portion and shape the ends of the upper arm bone and forearm bone to insert the implants.
- The implants are installed into place using epoxy cement.
- The 2 parts of the hinge are then applied using a locking pin.
- When the orthopedic doctor get satisfied with the function and fitting, the incision is covered with dressings.
- Sterile bandage is applied then.
- Your arm is wrapped in an ice pack to control swelling and pain.
- After some time, the effect of anesthesia swept off, and you slowly get consciousness. A nurse or doctor will instruct you to breathe or cough deeply to help clear your lungs. You are given pain relief medication then.
After elbow surgery
Elbow surgery is not a small thing. In order to make your elbow surgery successful, you are required to pay attention over below mentioned after care instructions:
- Do not use your treated arm while getting up.
- Do not pull pants, door or any other thing with surgery arm.
- Once you get discharged, your doctor will suggest you some exercises for arm movement. Practice those exercises.
- Take ice therapy
- Be very careful